[pdftex] request for help with pictures and pdflatex

Alfred K. K. Wong awong at eee.hku.hk
Thu Aug 8 00:28:27 CEST 2002

Thanks.

I re-created the format file with "make pdflatex-fmt" in the pdftex
distribution, and copied the pdflatex.fmt file into the web2c directory.  Now
when I run pdflatex, the error message is

(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/supp-mis.tex
)
)
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> ...setbox \@tempboxa =\hbox {\pdfimage
                                                  {\Gin at base .pdf}}\else
\se...
l.11 ...height=0.7\textheight]{MercuryArcSpectrum}

?

with the input

\documentclass{seminar}

\usepackage{epsfig}
\usepackage{fixseminar}

\begin{document}

\begin{slide}
  \includegraphics[height=0.7\textheight]{MercuryArcSpectrum}
\end{slide}

\end{document}

Could I be missing other files?  Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,
Alfred