(Fwd) Re: [pdftex] Bookmarks

story at uakron.edu story at uakron.edu
Sat Apr 27 12:53:49 CEST 2002

Now you want good looking bookmarks, after Adobe comes out with
colored and styled ones.   I seem to remember you were quite down on the new
additions. :-)

I haven't looked at the Context view of "bookmarks", most likely they take up screen space,
and are copies of the same content over and over again, from page to page. This would tend
to swell the file size, but you be very advantageous for short presentations.

dps

On 27 Apr 2002 at 14:12, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 08:01:51AM -0400, story at uakron.edu wrote:
> >
> > You can implement the color and style attribute of bookmarks using the pdfmark
> > operator, but not for pdftex, at this time. I would require
> > a modification of the /pdfoutline primitive.
>
> I think that if I wanted really sophisticated "bookmarks",
> I'd go over to the Context view of the world. and build
> my own from scratch with a screen-oriented design. PDF
> bookmarks are good and cheap, but they are not going to look
> as nice as a really well-designed page.
>

> --
> Sebastian Rahtz      OUCS Information Manager

Dr. D. P. Story
The University of Akron
Akron, OH  44325

tele: (330) 972-7514
e-mail: dpstory at uakron.edu
Home Page: http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/

Home of ...

e-Calculus: A Calculus I Tutorial on the WeB.
Written in TeX and converted to the PDF format.
See it at http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/e-calculus.html

and of ...

An Algebra Review in 10 Lessons
TeX to PDF