[pdftex] Underscore in URL using hyperref (very old issue?)

Peter Ryder ryder at physik.uni-bremen.de
Mon Apr 15 18:50:12 CEST 2002

I reproduced your errors with this version..

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211 (Web2c 7.3.7)
(format=pdflatex 2002.3.22)  15 APR 2002 17:39
**&pdflatex tst.tex
etc.

and found out by trial and error that the solution is just to type in the
underscore from the keyboard, as if in a \verb environment:

Here (?) is a hyperlink:
 \href{http://www.dcu.ie/pres_office/strategy/plan.html}{Leading Change}

I suppose this is documented somewhere.......

Peter Ryder.