[pdftex] bitmap with clipping path

Stephan Lehmke lehmke at ls1sol02.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Apr 14 16:06:14 CEST 2002

Martin Schroeder wrote at Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:09:37 +0200:

> On 2002-04-11 16:16:51 +0200, Stephan Lehmke wrote:
> > The PDF Specification is largely greek for me, but
> > a [/Separation /PANTONE#<xyz> /DeviceCMYK <tintTransform>]
> > or maybe a [/DeviceN ...] Color Space seems to be
> > just what I need.
>
> /Separation space is only needed if you finally want separated
> output.

Yes, of course. At printing, the document should be
separated into C, M, Y, K plus three or four special
colors.

> Otherwise the <tintTransform> is used.

I know. But that's just for screen or colour lasers, not
for prepress.

> ArtCom has developed basic support for /Separation colours.

Will it go into pdftex.def?

> /DeviceN is IIRC just like /DeviceCMYK but not limited to CMYK.

And you can name the colours.

regards
Stephan

  Stephan Lehmke     		 Stephan.Lehmke at cs.uni-dortmund.de
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I	 Tel. +49 231 755 6434
  Universitaet Dortmund		 FAX 		  6555
  D-44221 Dortmund, Germany