[pdftex] Re: [Cjk] About hyperref package

Ron Lee ronlee at ms4.hinet.net
Mon Apr 15 23:54:26 CEST 2002

I am still having problems using CJK characters in bookmarks or
TOC for pdfLaTeX and dvipdfm (no TOC problem for dvips).
The package versions I used are:
    CJK 2001/04/17 4.4.0 (using font bsmi distributed by CJK)
    hyperref 2002/04/12 v6.72l
    MiKTeX 2.1 (preloaded format=latex 2000.11.28)
I am attaching two short files below for testing-- one for
dvips and pdfLaTeX and the other for dvipdfm.
Thanks for the helps.

Regards,
Ron Lee

TeX file for dvips and pdfLaTeX (non-preprocess)
%------------------------------------------------------------
\def\CJKpreproc{}
\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{report}
\newif\ifpdf
\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined
    \pdffalse
\else
    \pdftrue
    \pdfoutput=1
\fi
\usepackage{CJK}
\ifpdf
    \usepackage[pdftex]{hyperref}
\else
    \usepackage{hyperref}
\fi
\begin{document}
\begin{CJK*}{Bg5}{bsmi}
\tableofcontents\newpage%
\end{CJK*}
\begin{CJK*}{Bg5}{bsmi}
\chapter{%
¤¤¤å²¤¶% Chinese characters
%Introduction% English characters
}
\end{CJK*}
This document is intended to test the functionality
of CJK characters in bookmarks or TOC.
\end{document}
%------------------------------------------------------------

TeX file For dvipdfm (non-preprocess)