[pdftex] bitmap with clipping path

Stephan Lehmke lehmke at ls1sol02.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Apr 9 15:05:16 CEST 2002

Martin Schroeder wrote on Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:29:13 +0200:

> On 2002-04-04 11:18:40 +0200, Stephan Lehmke wrote:
> > One problem are product photos. So far, the raw photos are
> > augmented with a `clipping path' in photoshop. In quark,
>
> The clip path is an arbitrary path or just a rectangle which can
> be specified by /CropBox etc.?

No, an arbitrary path outlining the object on the photo.

> > f) something I didn't think of...
>
> Somehow get the clip path out of the picture and regenerate it
> with MetaPost in pdfTeX. Don't know if this is possible but Hans
> can do wonders with it... :-)

Yes, this is something I didn't think of indeed ;)

But I guess it could yield substantial performance problems,
don't you think?

Well no pain no gain I guess. I just looked at the eps with emacs,
and it seems it doesn't contain the path, only masks. Oh well...

regards
Stephan

  Stephan Lehmke     		 Stephan.Lehmke at cs.uni-dortmund.de
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I	 Tel. +49 231 755 6434
  Universitaet Dortmund		 FAX 		  6555
  D-44221 Dortmund, Germany