[pdftex] pdftex installation on aix4

Thomas Esser te at informatik.uni-hannover.de
Tue Apr 9 19:28:25 CEST 2002

> Where can I find an up-to-date pdftex installation for aix4 (rs6000)?
> I would prefer a binary installation, if possible...

Follow the "beta versions" links on
  http://tug.org/teTeX/
and download the latest src (2002-04-02) and texmf (2002-02-07) tarball.

> is teTeX a wise choice? It looks to me that it is no longer supported,
> but at ctan.org it is still suggested as best choice.

The teTeX (beta) sources are very up to date and I am close to a new
stable release. Basically, I just have to sort out a few license issues
in the texmf tree and the usual package updating of the fonts / macros
tree (which is a big job given that there are >10000 files in it).

Don't be afraid of the "beta" label. All programs contained in it have
less bugs / limitations than the latest teTeX-stable release.

> Are there (still for aix/rs6000) better implementations?

If anybody knows something with sources for UNIX, I'd like to have a
look at it. :-)

Thomas