[pdftex] page size with pdfjadetex

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Mon Sep 17 16:58:05 CEST 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> Thanks.  I tried \paperwidth=8.5in (and then \paperwidth=8.5truein) in
> jadetex.cfg (and similarly for height) but I get the same results as
> before (i.e. 8.47 x 10.96).

OK, figured it out.  Jade reads the page size of 8.5 x 11 in and
translates this into 612\p@ x 792\p@, where the standard definition of
\p@ is 1pt.  If there are 72 pt per inch, the jade size is right, but
in TeX there are 72.27 pt per inch (the measure equal to 1/72in is the
"bp").  612x792 pt is not 8.5x11 in.  And this size is hard-wired into
the .tex file produced by jade, so no messing with paperwidth and the
like in jadetex.cfg will change it.  However, you can define \p@ to
equal 1bp rather than 1pt in jadetex.cfg, which is what I've now done.

\newdimen\p@ \p@=1bp

Allin Cottrell.