[pdftex] hyperbaseurl and ~ or tilde

Reed, Martin J mjreed at essex.ac.uk
Fri Sep 14 10:55:25 CEST 2001

Hi,

I guess this is more of a hyperef problem than pdflatex but it is most likely
to relate to this newsgroup:

I am trying to use \hyperbaseurl as
\hyperbaseurl{http://server/~mjreed/somedir}

However it seems that the ~ (or tilde ) character is not escaped as it is in
\href (which works fine with a link such as
\href{http://server/~mjreed/someotherdir/afile.html}
)

According to Acrobat Reader the baseurl is
http://server/protect unhbox voidb at x penalty @M  {}mjreed/somedir

Is there a fix for this or is it some kind of "feature" of hyperbaseurl?

I have tried all the usual latex escaping mechanisms like \~ and am now stuck!

Martin
--
/ Dr. M.J. Reed                               Room:          4SB.6.15 \
| Dept. Electronic Systems Engineering         Tel:+44 (0)1206 872479 |