[pdftex] TeX capacity - changing.

Michael Chapman mchapman at mchapman.com
Fri Sep 7 06:57:58 CEST 2001

On Thursday 06 September 2001 15:57, John Martin wrote:
> Yes, change the appropriate values in texmf.cnf then rebuild the format
> files using fmtutil --all (or whatever your installation requires). The
> texmf.cnf file has enough comments in it

Agreed, the files are very well commented.
But, I still could not get "there" when I added new languages for hyphenation
packages.
As a workaround I have had to delete some major languages to get others to
work :-(
Felt suitably embarrassed by my inability to not have raised it here, but
seeing as a similar topic is now being aired (and yes, I tried the FAQs, but
they seem obliquer than the comments in the files ;-) ) can anyone
-step--by-step- give any guidance ?

> to work out what needs changing.
> I'm sure someone else can tell you exactly which line to change if you're
> stuck.

Thanks,

	Michael.