[pdftex] Pdftex corrupts included pdf images

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de
Mon Sep 3 21:06:11 CEST 2001

    > Hello, I'm writing my thesis with pdftex and everythings works
    > smoothly except the inclusion of some scanned pictures and png
    > files. I've converted these files to eps files and used epstopdf
    > to convert them to pdf files. The files look perfectly if viewed

Which version of ghostscript do you use?  My experience is that the
conversion to eps (I used ImageMagick) and from eps to pdf is quite
safe.  You need at least gs6.01.  Later versions have some bugs, so I
think 6.01 is best if you want to be sure.

My first attempt was to include jpeg directly.  The final pdf file
could be viewed in gv, but when sending the file to the printer one
printer crashed and the other one printed all graphics that had not
been converted to pdf before with wrong colors.

Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			               Phone: +49-511-751355
Berggartenstr. 9
D-30419 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de