[pdftex] Embedding cmtt10.pfb

Richard Sperling rsperling at boo.net
Mon Oct 29 22:10:35 CET 2001

I'm using MikTeX 2.1 with WinEdt 5.2 and Acrobat 5.0 on a Windows 2000
system. I'm also using Donald Arseneau's url package in my document, but
the text in the pdf file uses the bitmap font rather than the type1
font---I believe I'd like to embed the cmtt10.pfb in the document. My
pdftex.cfg contains the following lines:

pk_resolution 600
output_format 1
compress_level 9
decimal_digits 3
page_width 210 true mm
page_height 297 true mm
horigin 1 true in
vorigin 1 true in
map psfonts.map
map +tmm-pem.map

I notice that I have two psfonts.map files, one in \miktex\pdftex\config
and one in \miktex\dvips\config, with only the first .map file having an
entry for cmtt10.pfb. I thought this was sufficient for the type1 font to
be embedded in my document, but it obviously isn't working. I assume
another file needs to be modified, but which one? I'd appreciate some help.
Thanks.

Richard