[pdftex] a different printing problem

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Mon Oct 22 18:39:50 CEST 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>     > Every now and then I've noticed an odd problem printing from
>     > Acroread a pdf file generated by pdftex (in the latest case,
>     > pdfjadetex): printing proceeds to page n (where n is
>     > substantially less than the full page count) then starts again
>     > at the first page.  When this sort of looping occurs I've had to
>     > kill the print job.
>
>     > Does anyone know if the bug is most likely to be in the PDF, in
>     > Acroread, or in the printer?
>
> The first thing I would try is to use pdftops instead of AR.  It comes
> with xpdf.

I've tried that, and the ps file generated by pdftops seems OK.  But
I'd still like to get to the bottom of the issue, because I'm
distributing the pdf file in question and I have no control over the
viewing/printing software the downloaders will be using -- which would
most likely be AR.

Allin Cottrell.