[pdftex] Re: [tex-k] writet1: font subsetting question

Tom Kacvinsky tjk at ams.org
Sun Oct 21 11:43:32 CEST 2001

Quite a bit...  CFF fonts rock!  I don't have numbers, but I do know that a CFF
version of CMEX10 I made using Adobe's OpenType FDK is about half the size of
the PFB format.  And that is without subsetting.  Also, keep in mind that
Adobe's FDK makes more compact CFF fonts than distiller, because it ustilizes
subroutines and global subroutines, where as distiller does not.

Tom