[pdftex] Harlequin RIP 5.3 and PDFTeX

Jeffrey McArthur jeffmcarthur at home.com
Wed Oct 10 02:06:45 CEST 2001

On Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:17:11 +0200, you wrote:

>... maybe you should download a demo copy of crackerjack; this
>plug-in accepts pdftex files quite well which for me is an indication that
>the pdf is ok. Btw there is a project going on with regards to standardized
>pdf (pdf/x and so), but this more has to do with putting some limitations
>on pdf code (like no cmyk -). Interestingly there will be several sub
>standards, since there are differences in demands from european and usa
>based printing houses (and in europe between northern and southern countries).

We have PitStop.  I ran the error report from PitStop and it shows no
errors.

>BTW, one potential areas of problems is bitmaps, but i assume you don't use
>them.

Not in this sample.  We do use bitmaps and that is one of the other things
we would like to be able have go through the RIP without any problem.  I
want to take it one step at a time and get my five line Hello World TeX
program to go through the RIP first.