[pdftex] frontmatter

David Goldschmidt gold at idaccr.org
Thu Oct 4 09:40:58 CEST 2001

OK, this is probably a hyperref question.  I'm using the latex2e book
style.  This doesn't put any of the "frontmatter" sections like the
preface or the introduction into the table of contents.  I can force
that to happen with an \addcontentsline command, but it doesn't handle
the hyperlinks properly.  For instance, bibliographic references in
the introduction get a backreference link which just says "document" rather
than a proper page number.  Also, the thumbnail contents strip displayed
by acroread lists the preface and introduction, but doesn't provide a link.
How do I fix all this?

David Goldschmidt