[pdftex] Producing and optimizing PDF-1.2

John Palmer johnp at stx69.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 10:52:55 CEST 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Martin Schröder wrote:

> <quote
>    src="Reader Guide"
>    note="available from Acrobat Reader via Help->Reader Guide"
> >
> Optimized indicates whether the file has been optimized.
> (Optimized files can be downloaded one page at a time from a Web
> server.)
> </quote>

Excuse me going off at a tangent:  Adobe's _PDF Reference ed.2_ contains a
lot about _linearization_ but nothing about _optimization_.  I and some
colleagues have assumed for some time that they are the same thing, but I
would like to hear about this from someone who really knows.

Regards, John

--
John Palmer
4 Horyford Close, Preston, Weymouth DT3 6DJ, England