[pdftex] Acrobat Reader 5 (was: Acrobat 5)

George N. White III WhiteG at mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Fri Nov 23 12:37:39 CET 2001

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Martin Schroeder wrote:

> On 2001-11-23 16:53:35 +0100, Martin Schröder wrote:
> > MacOS is available, Linux has been announced. Other *nixes are
> > unknown.
>
> Of course I'm talking about the Reader. :-{

Fortunately, Adobe is not the only source of software that can used to
view PDF's. If you have X-windows, xpdf should be available, and
ghostscript runs on most platforms that support pdftex. If you have a
problem PDF you can file a bug report and get a fast and reasonable
response. Sometimes, using ghostscript to re-distill problem PDF's will
make them work with Acrobat Reader.

--
George N. White III <gnw3 at acm.org> Bedford Institute of Oceanography