[pdftex] dedicated pages

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Tue May 29 00:06:27 CEST 2001

At 19:47 28.05.2001 +0200, Michail Chalvatzis wrote:

>is there any possibility to produce a pdf-file with only dedicated pages.
>when I run pdflatex it produces the output with all pages included.
>The problem is that the file is growing and I only need some pages of the
>document as a pdf-file.

There are several possibilities, depending what you really want:
* \include, \includeonly (provided by LaTeX)
* package pagesel (available on CTAN)
* with ConTeX you can extract some pages AFAIK.
* a LaTeX solution is package pdfpages for extracting
  some pages (available on CTAN)
* converting to PostScript, use of psutils (psselect, ...)
  and reconverting to PDF.
* ...

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>