[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Robert Howlett rhowlett at mail.usyd.edu.au
Sun May 27 19:38:50 CEST 2001

Y&Y Support wrote:

> It should be pointed out that these "problems" with Acrobat
> are not universal, but a function of how the PDF is produced.
> For example, we don't see any of these problems
> with PDF from Y&Y TeX and Distiller 4.0 or Distiller 5.0.

Since Distiller is an Adobe product, it is not surprising that
the Adobe reader behaves correctly with the pdf Distiller produces.
Surely Adobe would check that carefully before releasing the
new version! But they will take no noticed of non-Adobe produced
pdf, even if it meets with the Adobe-produced pdf specifications.

Are you saying that that pdftex's pdf does not comply with those
specifications?

> This could be a result of numerous work arounds for
> "misfeatures" that went into the system to deal with
> bugs in previous versions of Acrobat.
>
> http://www.yandy.com/download/mtpsample.pdf
> http://www.yandy.com/download/mtpguide.pdf
> http://www.yandy.com/download/mtpfoam.pdf
> http://www.yandy.com/download/scenesem.pdf

Are these documents relevant to this discussion? I couldn't
see any connection.