[pdftex] hyperlinks to other documents in the pdf file

John Robert Kitchin jkitchin at udel.edu
Thu May 24 17:46:18 CEST 2001

Hello,

I have been trying to include hyperlinks to other types of files in the
pdf files generated by pdflatex.  I have been using \href, but it is not
working.  If the file it refers to is a pdf file, then acrobat reader
opens it just fine, and if it refers to an html document somewhere,
netscape launches and finds the document fine. But if it is anything else,
such as a tif or txt file, netscape complains that it can't find the
server or something similar.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,