[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de
Thu May 24 00:38:50 CEST 2001

    > Than,
    >> The map files that are listed in your pdftex.cfg (usually under
    >> $TEXMF/pdftex/config)

    > Thanks, I found it in /etc/texmf/dvips/pdftex.map and changed
    > the '<' to '<<'.  This solves the problem with it being unable
    > to download one of the fonts (so the font isn't substituted in
    > the printout), but it causes another -- the ligatures are
    > missing!  Acrobat and Acrobat Reader 5.0 show them correctly on
    > the screen, but there is a blank space on the printed copy.

Hi Chris,
Acobat Reader 4.0 produced totally different PostScript code if one
prints from the menu or from the command line.  It seems to make sense
to try both.

I suppose that there are two groups of developers at Adobe where each
doesn't know about the existence of the other.

Reinhard

PS.: Obviously there is a third group, responsible for documentation.

Reinhard Kotucha			               Phone: +49-511-751355
Berggartenstr. 9
D-30419 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de