[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Jens Adam Jens.Adam at ragtime.de
Mon May 21 16:45:32 CEST 2001

At 21.5.2001 11:54 +0200, Thierry Bouche wrote:
>» I just experienced the same problem with Acrobat 5 (the "real" thing, not the reader).
>
>yes, same for me. Technically, I check (kind of preflight) that my PDF
>will be flashed smoothly by printing them to distiller. It worked
>perfectly with 4 (i.e. when distiller had problems, the PS printer
>driver on the mac and most RIP would have troubles too).

This is a good work-around if your main goal is printing. Unfortunately(?), I'm working on a set of PDF documents for on-screen viewing *and* printing. They contain bookmarks, notes and a lot of hyperlinks (intra- and interdocument) which I'm afraid wouldn't survive the round trip through distiller.

If printing quality or speed is of no concern, the Acrobat switch "Print as Image" is a possibility to get something printed at all.

Jens

Dr. Jens F. Adam
Leiter Dokumentation und Lokalisierung

RagTime GmbH  *  Itterpark 5  *  D-40724 Hilden
Tel: [49] (2103) 9657-0 * http://www.ragtime.de