[pdftex] Generating CJK in PDF

Anthony Fok foka at debian.org
Fri May 18 02:51:27 CEST 2001

Hello Werner,

(Thanks for introducing me to the list!  :-)

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:16:07PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > The .enc files contain the same information as the .sfd file, but
> > using glyph indices instead of char codes.  I've just extended
> > ttf2tfm so that together with the .tfm files it writes the .enc
> > files.  I guess one could make it create the /ToUnicode cmap files
> > and the .map file for pdftex as well.
>
> Please send me the patch.

BTW, Yong Li (Rigel) <rigel863 at yahoo.com> sent me some patches to
ttf2pt1-3.3.3 that does just that: generates the *.enc files.  He also
provided patches to cugb.map, cugbk.map, cubig5.map etc. in
ttf2pt1-chinese-3.3.2 to support the glyphs in most Chinese TrueType
fonts but not listed in (perhaps outdated) conversion tables on
Unicode.org.  (???)

(Hint hint, it would be great if you could adapt these revisions to
*.map to your *.sfd files too.  Afterall, AFAIK, Rigel and Tung-Han
Hsieh included these revisions to the charset maps in the official
glibc-2.2.x.  ;-)

If anyone is on the ttf2pt1 mailing lists, please feel free to forward
these patches upstream.  I could do it myself, but I tend to
procrastinate for days or weeks... :-)

Thanks,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka at ualberta.ca, foka at debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada