[pdftex] Problems with "index" + "hyperref"

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Wed May 16 22:16:23 CEST 2001

At 22:50 15.05.2001 +0100, Byoungjo CHOI wrote:

>When I run "pdflatex" or "latex" on a latex file using "index" package
together with "hyperref" package,
>I always get this error message. Are sombody using "index" and "hyperref"
packages together successfully?

>-- error message begin --
>! Undefined control sequence.
><argument> \@indexfile

>This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1)
>LaTeX2e <1998/12/01> patch level 1
>Babel <v3.6x> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german,
ngerman, i

You are using old versions, so I assume that hyperref
is also old. Therefore try an uptodate hyperref first:
  http://www.tug.org/applications/hyperref/hyperref.zip
If this also fails, then your chance getting an answer that
will help increases with a minimal (!) TeX file.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>