[pdftex] pdcfsel and pdftex (pdftex and fonts)

Christopher S. Swingley cswingle at iarc.uaf.edu
Mon May 14 11:20:38 CEST 2001

Thanh,

> > Any thoughts?  What does it mean when pdftex says "Font xxx at YYY
> > not found", and what does one need to do to make them available?
>
> the pk version of the above fonts are not available. You can create them by
> adding
>
> MKTEXPK = 1
>
> into your texmf.cnf and rerun pdftex.

Thank you very much.  This worked.  I notice that the newly built
fonts do not display particularly well on the screen in Acrobat Reader,
and the printed output doesn't look as crisp as it does when printing
the PostScript file generated via dvips.  Is there a setting somewhere
that will cause pdftex (or whatever it's calling to generate the fonts)
to produce higher resolution fonts for the file?

Thanks again,

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley         930 Koyukuk Drive
System / Network Manager        University of Alaska Fairbanks

phone: 907-474-2689             fax: 907-474-2643
email: cswingle at iarc.uaf.edu    GNUPG and PGP2 keys at my web site
  web: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle