[pdftex] `store' keyword.

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri May 4 18:01:22 CEST 2001

> »   pkol0 HangulMyoungjoA-Regular " /PaintType 2 store " <pkmjm0.pfb
>
> this is pure PS hacking (it makes an outline font from a normal one,
> by changing the PaintType in the font dictionary)
>
> Of course, pdftex could interpret this when using the font, but i
> don't think that would be so nice (if the same font is used in
> outline & filled in the same PDF, what will happen, if they share
> the same UID?)

Just curious: What happens with the UID if the font is slanted (i.e.,
if " .167 SlantFont " is used)?  pdftex accepts this.

> I'd prefer to make another font with a modified name, UID, PaintType
> from the base one. This is of course trivial with t1asm/disasm.

For Korean, this would mean another 1.44MByte per font shape on the
hard disk.  And there are *many* shapes delivered with HLaTeX...

I see no fundamental difference between slanting and outlining.

    Werner