[pdftex] `store' keyword.

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Sat May 5 02:57:03 CEST 2001

Werner LEMBERG a écrit :

> Just curious: What happens with the UID if the font is slanted (i.e.,
> if " .167 SlantFont " is used)?  pdftex accepts this.

good point, I don't know! Maybe the separation as two distinct objects
between the outlines and the fontdict make this clean?

> I see no fundamental difference between slanting and outlining.

The difference is the syntax. In one case, you modify the FontMatrix not
using pure PS code, but only a simple .map syntax. In your case, you
modify the font dict by explicit PS code. If pdftex were to parse that
as keywords as it does for SlantFont, it should take care of unexpected
cases "... anything legal in dvips ... store", but this is maybe a
limitting case not real enough to consider.

Th. Bouche