[pdftex] redundant objects with includegraphics

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri May 4 15:32:41 CEST 2001

At 06:26 PM 5/1/01 +0200, Andreas Matthias wrote:
>From: "Otfried Cheong" <otfried at cs.uu.nl>
>
>> If one were really ambitious, one could extend my suggestion to a
>> format that would handle arbitrary subsets of pages, such as:
>>
>> \pdfximage page 17 {a.pdf}
>> \pdfximage page 17-42 {a.pdf}
>> \pdfximage page 1-12,24,40-42 {a.pdf}
>> \pdfximage page * {a.pdf}

This kind of extensions is up to macros, where primitives provide building
blocks. One can easily redefine \pdfximage in tex itself (at the macro
level) for this purpose. Once this kind of higher level support starts
entering the tex kernel we're kind of lost. Also, keep in mind that - , *
can have non standard catcodes and that n-m and * are (yet) unknown tex
concepts. [Actually, here for some time i use macros for including ranges
and use : instead of - so range specifiers should then be configurable too].

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl