[pdftex] redundant objects with includegraphics

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Wed May 2 21:48:50 CEST 2001

From: "Otfried Cheong" <otfried at cs.uu.nl>

>  > isn't that what pdfpages does?  i've never looked at its insides.
>
> 'pdfpages' is built on top of 'graphicx', so it suffers from the same
> resource duplication.  Which is probably the reason why Andreas asked
> about it in the first place :-)

Yes, this was my intention.

> Speaking about 'pdfpages', I suggest that while we are at it, we add a
> primitive "\pdflastximagerotation" to return the value of the /Rotate
> page attribute of an included PDF page.  It would allow 'pdfpages' to
> rotate them back the way they are supposed to look.

Yes, please. Knowing the /Rotate entry, it would be possible to
include all pages in their correct orientation, which is not possible
until now.

For all who do not know, what I mean. I have tried to explain this
in the pdfpages.sty documentation: 2.4 Remarks on Landscape Format.

Andreas