[pdftex] redundant objects with includegraphics

Han The Thanh thanh at informatics.muni.cz
Wed May 2 10:40:22 CEST 2001

Hi,

> My suggested extension to \pdfximage can be implemented with very
> little effort.  In fact, I just looked at the pdftex sources and found
> that the suggested command "\pdflastximagepages" to retrieve the number
> of pages in an included PDF file already exists!  It works fine on
> 14h-pretest-20010310, but is not yet in the pdftex manual.
>
> So, if people agree that my suggested extension to \pdfximage is
> useful, and nobody more qualified takes it up, I will go and try to
> implement it in pdftex.  I guess I could do this in a day, while a
> postprocessor looks a bit more work :-)

your idea of including a few pages from a pdf at once is simple and great.
At the moment I am quite busy, so you are much welcome to do the job,
otherwise I will take a look when I have more time.  In case you are going
to give a try, I think it would be better to do it using a new primitive
instead of extending the current \pdfximage.

Regards,
Thanh