[pdftex] pdftex-pdfcrypt update

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Mar 29 01:58:23 CEST 2001

At 02:33 29.03.2001 +0200, Ricardo Sanchez Carmenes wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
>
>> But AR does not know, what is encrypted, and what not, so
>> the files are displayed in a wrong way (I have tested \url with
>> hyperref and thumbpdf (no thumbnails are shown)).
>> If I understand the pdf spec. correctly, either nothing or
>> _all_ have to be encrypted.
>
>You are right. The trouble comes from the fact that some streams or
>some strings that should be encoded are output before pdftex is
>aware that this file must be encoded.

I do not know, where the problem is, because I have not
seen the source code. The fact remains, that the code
of \pdfobj, attributes by attr or user and ... have to
be checked, whether there are strings or streams, because
they have to be encrypted, too.

>I'ts a trouble to solve. Could you send me offending files, plz?

I have send you two files in the list and two other files
per mail. I think short plain-TeX files will help you more,
than complicate LaTeX files with hyperref, thumbpdf ...
But if the known problems are solved, you can try the
test files of hyperref (especially for links, bookmarks,
forms, ...).

Best regards
  Heiko <oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de>