[pdftex] pdftex-pdfcrypt update

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Mar 28 10:22:22 CEST 2001

At 07:13 PM 3/27/01 +0200, Ricardo Sanchez Carmenes wrote:

>And leave to the user or the macros to take care of calculating the right
>permission value ? Maybe a mixed solution could be useful.

I'm not that familiar with the details, but does the permission play a role
in the calculations? If so, then it should be keywords. For instance: can
one change the /P entry in a pdf file without violating the file?

Just curious: how easily can a file be decrypted?

>In short, your suggestions about syntax sound reasonable, but I still
>would like to hear others. The current syntax works fine for me, and
>I must recognize that coding the primitive was not the easiest part for me

maybe thanh can help you with that part since he's a master in tex syntaxes
now -)

>BTW, did you try it already ? You have pretty complicated pdf files that
>make use of niceties that I do not realy use, and they would be a good
>test.

i'll have a look at it [normally work on windows, so i have to play around
with the linux machine in such a way that it does not break other processes]

Is it possible to post a djgpp cross compiled version? Thanh has a script
for that.

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl