[pdftex] pdf file not displaying properly in browser

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de
Mon Mar 19 23:58:18 CET 2001

    > Binary.

    > I now believe that the phenomenon is this: when I first click on
    > the link to the pdf file, the data is transmitted OK and the
    > acrobat reader plug-in starts but the page remains blank. If I
    > now click the browser's "back" button and then the "forward"
    > button then the pdf file comes up OK on the screen. I usually
    > use Netscape but on one occasion IE did something similar.

    > The strange thing is that I've been making and posting these pdf
    > files for years and never had this particular behaviour before
    > (as far as I can remember). All that has changed is the version
    > of pdftex and the version of the browser.

I had some problems with acroread when the page cache was activated.
It's some time ago and I don't remember what kind of problem it was.
But disabling the page cache in the File->Preferences->General helped.

Maybe it's worth a try.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			               Phone: +49-511-751355
Berggartenstr. 9
D-30419 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de