[pdftex] Poorly formed PDF file?

White, George WhiteG at mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Mon Mar 12 14:36:56 CET 2001

We routinely create PDF files with Matlab EPS files, but converted using
ghostscript (e.g., via eps2pdf) rather than Illustrator.

I was able to print your test.pdf, using acroread 4.05 on SGI Irix to
an HP LJ5SiMX-PS printer.  I think your problem is with the PS driver
or the printer (perhaps it is short on memory -- that has been a constant
problem for us).  The matlab graphics are quite detailed for the size at
which your are printing and the purpose (to locate a study area).  You could
try to use a less detailed coastline.

Gv displays an error message when I try to view your test.ps file:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: get

STACK:
/DeviceRenderingInfo
-dictionary-
/DeviceRenderingInfo
-mark-

Your PS file was generated with a driver for a Tek850DX printer, which I
don't
have.