[pdftex] hyperref link appearance control

Peter Schröder ps at cs.caltech.edu
Fri Jun 15 16:06:58 CEST 2001

Folks,

I would like to do the following. I want to remove the box from the
\cite{} refs (for example) with hyperref. One way to do this is to turn
on color. Unfortunately colored \cite{}s ("[12]") can result in low
contrast when printing on B&W.

Is it possible to set the print color different from the screen color?
I.e., when the pdf document is printed to a b&w printer I would like the
link colors to be set to black (actually, I would like to do this
selectively, but never mind).

Is there such a thing in pdf as telling it what color to use if going to
a b&w printer?

Peter