[pdftex] psfrag like functionality in pdflatex?

Mark A. Wicks mwicks at kettering.edu
Thu Jun 14 12:48:48 CEST 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Peter [iso-8859-1] Schröder wrote:

> I am looking for something that has functionality similar to psfrag but
> which works with pdflatex. I did a search on ctan but couldn't find
> anything immediately that seemed to fit the bill. Any suggestions?

   Try using pstoedit to convert your illustrations to a format where the
strings will be processed by TeX (MF or pic).  You should be able to
achieve similar results as psfrag.

  Mark A. Wicks                                mwicks at kettering.edu
  ECE Department, Kettering University         Voice: (810) 762-7992
  1700 West Third Ave, Flint, MI 48504-4898    Fax:   (810) 762-9830