[pdftex] Re: tex2pdf 2.1 released

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Jun 12 00:47:40 CEST 2001

Anyone got a "quickstart" to installing all these updates on a
RedHat/RPM system?  If not, what docs will help a "newbie" get
started?  From there, I promise to write a "quickstart" for others
(as I have for LyX).

So I guess all I really need is just an updated pdftex and the
hyperref stuff.  Forget LyX integration -- I can export LaTeX and go
from there at the CLI.

Again, all my RedHat 7.1 TeX stuff comes from its tetex-1.0.7-15 RPM
(2000 Jan?).

-- TheBS

Flt Lt J W R Martin wrote:
> I use pdfTeX/pdfLaTeX all the time ot produce my material
> with thumbnails and with bookmarks. You need to investigate pdftex at
> www.tug.org, making sure you get an up-to-date version (a lot has happened
> in a short time with this project). You then need to make sure that you have
> the hyperref package and the thumbpdf package (again, download the latest
> versions as these change to match the advances in pdftex).

-- TheBS

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   chat:thebs413
SmithConcepts, Inc.           http://www.SmithConcepts.com