[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jun 5 11:15:52 CEST 2001

At 11:01 AM 6/4/01 -0400, Tom Kacvinsky wrote:
>Well, that is no small job.  xref table rebuilt, the size tags in the
dictionary

if that is needed, probably the xpdf lib can be used to handle that; but i
was more thinking of keeping the total size of the objects the same and
since vectors are text and rather spacy there is some room to play with
[i've done similar things with changing catalog info].

>Better for Thanh to "fix" this in pdftex.  I really don't think pdftex is
broken
>w.r.t. to gaps in the Subrs array, because the spec. is unclear on this
issue.

i think that when you can tell thanh exactly what to do, he will fix it
right away -)

>But die to the reality of the situation, its best if Thanh accomodates what
>Adobe is now doing.  And I'll ask the Adobe font guys to fix their
documentation
>in the Type 1 spec.

downward compatible font engines are a must too, since there are docs out
there

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl