[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Y&Y Support support at YandY.com
Mon Jun 4 14:38:09 CEST 2001

At 12:03 2001-06-04 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>At 10:12 AM 6/2/01 -0400, Y&Y Support wrote:
> > (*) Actually the CMR10.PFB pulled off the AMS server
> > also has hint replacement in fi, eight, nine, n and u.
> > It's odd that those don't trigger the same problem,
> > but maybe the test list given above wasn't quite complete...
>
>Well, i got more and more depresses by reading these mails. After all those
>texlive installations i don't even know if i'm still using yandy cmr's or
>ams ones, given that there is a difference at all, so: are you saying that
>those fonts are different in small details, or just in hinting tables?

The Y&Y CM and AMS and "Extra LaTeX + SliTeX" fonts
differ from the BSR/Y&Y/AMS  et al fonts at
http://www.ams.org/index/tex/type1-fonts.html
You can compare file date and file size and version number in
the file to see which one you have installed at the moment.

The Y&Y versions have additional hinting, and changes made by
Knuth (beyond the "delta" in the math italic).  Also additional
sizes of some of the "CM" math fonts in the "AMS" set and
extra stuff in "Extra LaTeX + SliTeX"  (which, by the way, slipped
into the BSR/Y&Y/AMS et al distribution only by mistake).

But the "bug" under discussion here (in Acrobat Reader, DVIPS,
PS printer drivers or pdfTeX --- depending on your point of view)
would not be affected by these changes I don't think.

Regards, Berthold.

Footnote to Y&Y users: Don't worry,  PDF produced by DVIPSONE
+ Distiller is not affected  by these new "misfeature"s of Acrobat ...

Y&Y, Inc. Support  mailto:support at YandY.com  http://www.YandY.com  (MT)