[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Tom Kacvinsky tjk at ams.org
Mon Jun 4 03:49:34 CEST 2001

This is because slots 0 -- 31 are not encoded in the PS file generated by
Acrobat Reader 5.0.  At least this is the case in the PS file you sent me.

As for the subsetted fonts and hinted glyphs -- that *may* have something to do
with gaps in the Subrs array.  The one test file you sent me used char code 13,
which is one of the char codes that gets "deleted" in the PS file, so it would
not print regardless of hint replacement (or no hint replacement).  I would need
to see a file that uses a glyph which uses hint replacement and has char code
above 31.

Finally, the Subrs problem may very well have something to do with your printer.
I have never had a problem with printing a PS file which uses a Type 1 font in
which the Subrs array had gaps, but I use HP 5Sis or Xerox N2125s.