[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Tom Kacvinsky tjk at ams.org
Sat Jun 2 14:21:33 CEST 2001

Louis,

Do you mean that ATM does not parse subroutine 4, but rather, when it sees
subroutine 4 being called ina charstring, ATM uses its own internal
representation of subroutine 4 to activate hint replacement?

That is what I thought happened...

But pdftex does not change this "linkage".  The last time I looked at the
subsetting code in pdftex, it leaves the subroutine numbers alone, and just
removes the routines that are not needed (so there are gaps in the resultant
Type 1 font's Subrs array).

Tom