[pdftex] TeX newbie

Zbynek Houska zbynh at world-online.no
Wed Jul 25 23:26:40 CEST 2001

Hi there,
I'm newbie to TeX and I have few questions to ask.
1. I have particurally problems with fonts sizes a types. When I type
for instance \magstep 5 so I'll get in output "2448" before my text, but
nothing has changed. Should I customize something or  do I omit
something? How to change to different font except \tt \it \bf and so on?
Where are fonts listed?
2. How could I get in output this letter "ů" also "u" with ringlet
above. Is it possible to typeset in arabi, cyrilic, armenian and so on?
What has to be chnanged?

I'm sure going to equip me with TeXbook in next weeks, but I would to
fine out more now. Is it possible to download any manuals ( except "A
gentle introduction to TeX")?

How do I change colour of output text? Is it possible to insert pictures
(from files)?

Thanx in advance

Zbynek Houska