[pdftex] LaTeX .toc file causes pdflatex crash?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 23:02:53 CEST 2001

Molly Weems writes:
 > *hyperref using default driver pdftex*
 > (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/hyperref/hpdftex.def
..
 > }] (./user_vol_errors.toc
 > ! Undefined control sequence.
 > \find at pdflink #1#2->\leavevmode \pdfannotlink
 >                                               attr{\pdfBorderAttrs /H \@pdfh...

I would guess that you have not updated your hyperref package
 > (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/config/color.cfg))) [1{/usr/share/texmf/dvips/confi
 > g/pdftex.map
 > Warning: pdflatex (file /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map): invalid entr

change all those 850 entries to .850

but this is a sign of some out of date files. you need a decent
uptodate setup. Dare I suggest TeXLive? (www.tug.org/texlive)

 > ! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (name{page.1}) ha
 > s been already used, duplicate ignored
 > <to be read again>
 >                    \relax

you get this, unless you give some hyperref option whose name escapes
me... someone remind me?

Sebastian