[pdftex] upgrading pdftex..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Thu Jan 25 12:29:33 CET 2001

I am having difficulties in getting pdftex to like JPEG files. I was
told that a newer version
of pdftex might help. I saw the instructions at the following pdftex
sites on how
to build pdftex. Once it is built, is it just sufficient to simply
overwrite the texk
subdirectory with the newer version? Or is there a more proper way
to do this?

Thanks.

    -- krs