[pdftex] background image gets lost

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Jan 25 19:31:25 CET 2001

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 08:22:27AM +1100, Ross Moore wrote:
> > Compare these two PDF documents:
> >
> >   http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~ross/marslide/iciam/example.pdf
> >   http://www.iciam.org/abstracts/cgi-bin/data/16528/body.pdf
> >
> > Apart from minor differences in the \title, \author
> > these are meant to be the same.
> I see them both perfectly and identical, using Acrobat Reader 4.05 under

Yes; Radhakrishnan clued me in that \pagecolor creates an opaque layer;
which was above the background image but below the text.

I traced the cause to TeXpower options, and have devised an appropriate
work-around;  so yes, both are correct now.

Thanks for the interest.

	Ross Moore

> Linux. You might have a buggy pdf reader.

No; I'd tested on 3 different systems before the original posting.