[pdftex] landscape package- problems!!!

chiari mario chiari.hm at flashnet.it
Sun Jan 7 14:44:18 CET 2001

Dear all,

I am mailing this to a couple of mailing lists + newsgroup, since I am not
sure which one is the most appropiate.

I am trying to LaTex a paper, some of  whose pages I would like to have in
landscape orientation. Also, I would like to have a .pdf output (possibly,
by pdflatex)

I have tried the package landscape (within the graphics bundle). This is
what I got:

-- Yap doesn't seem to be able to display landscape mode
(is this a general issue with .dvi output?)

-- if I use dvips, the .ps output displays landscape mode. However, when
pdfwrite to a .pdf output, the latter is poor. (why?)

-- if I go directly from .tex to .pdf by pdflatex, .pdf output doesn't
display landscape mode.

-- also, are there alternative to the landscape package?

I am on win98 + MikTex (+WinEdt).

My file preamble is:

\documentclass[leqno]{article}
\usepackage[active]{srcltx}
\usepackage[dvips]{epsfig}
\usepackage[english,italian]{babel}
\selectlanguage{italian}
\usepackage{graphics}
\usepackage{lscape}

----

Any help is truly welcome and appreciate.

Thanks mario