[pdftex] clipping of pdf-graphics

Aiko Huckauf Aiko.Huckauf at epost.de
Tue Feb 27 01:07:20 CET 2001

Hi,

yesterday I have upgraded from pdfTeX 0.14d (included in MiKTeX 1.20e)
to pdfTeX 0.14f (included in MiKTeX 2).

Afterwards the following problem occured:

In my thesis I have lots of graphics included as pdf-files. With my
old system, I had no problems to clip these graphics by use of the
viewport command, for example

\includegraphics*[viewport=21 379 569 793,width=\textwidth]{Fig1.pdf}

But with the new system the graphics are obviously _not_ clipped: in
the log-file I found the explicit message

"no clipping support in pdfTeX"

which never occured before, as long as I used pdfTeX 0.14d.

The pdf-graphics were produced from the corresponding eps-files with
Ghostscript 6.50, and for the viewport command I used the bounding box
parameters of the eps-file. Once again: With pdfTeX 0.14d it worked
fine!

Can anybody give me a hint why it doesn't work any longer with the new
pdfTeX version? Or is there another way to clip pdf-graphics with
pdfTeX 0.14f?

Aiko Huckauf