[pdftex] handling epsf and pdf graphics

Frank Boehme f.boehme at cs.ucc.ie
Thu Feb 22 16:37:36 CET 2001

Donavan Hall wrote:

> I often run into this problem.  I create a LaTeX document with epsf
> figures using the epsfig package.  Then later I want to make the same
> LaTeX file into a PDF document with pdftex.  What is a good approach
> to use when including graphics that allows for both LaTeXing and
> pdftexing a document and have the figures survive without modifying
> the original LaTeX file?

\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined

\usepackage[dvips]{graphics}
\else

\usepackage[pdftex]{graphics}

\usepackage{type1cm}
\fi

\includegraphics{filename_without_extension}

Frank
Dr Frank Boehme                      | Email: f.boehme at cs.ucc.ie
National University of Ireland, Cork | phone: +353-21-4903163
Dept of Computer Science             |   fax: +353-21-4903113
Cork, Ireland                        |