[pdftex] /pdfinfo {/Producer (foo)} not working

Martin Schröder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Thu Feb 22 11:25:24 CET 2001

On 2001-02-22 10:52:31 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 10:20 AM 2/22/01 +0100, Martin Schröder wrote:
> >My company would like to hide the fact that we are using pdfTeX
>
> incredible, then how is linux called in your company, and word, and times
> roman, and ...

Hans, welcome in the "closed source" world. :-)

Some RIPs output the /Producer key on each printed plate. Reading
"pdfTeX <version>" there might give others (i.e. competitors) the
idea of also using pdfTeX and could irritate customers ("what is
this pdfTeX? I though the plates were done by ArtCom?").

And the documentation tells me I can change the key...

> >Of course we could always produce a patched version...

>Indeed. Or parse the pdf file with perl and change "pdftex" into
>"artcom'.

Unlikely as the files are LARGE (250 MB is common). Instead we'll
do an incremental update and attach a changed info dict.

Best regards
    Martin
--
                http://www.tm.oneiros.de/calendar/2001/